Inquire, it is possible that your community will present a show organized by competent professionals. If you decide to hold a show at home by buying fireworks sold to consumers everywhere, remember that the majority of injuries occur as a result of poor handling and inattention to safety .
Regulations are not enough to protect the public. Personal responsibility and awareness of the dangers of pyrotechnics must go hand in hand.
- Observe the laws and regulations on the use of pyrotechnic parts.
- Purchase your fireworks from a reliable source that sells products that meet safety standards.
- Avoid buying illegal fireworks, and do not attempt to make your own fireworks.
- Read the instructions. It is worth repeating: Read the instructions, warnings and warnings for each room.
- Store unused fireworks in a closed box held away from the room you are trying to light, and do not smoke when you are near fireworks.
- Choose a location outside, in an open place. Light the pyrotechnic parts on a hard, flat and level surface to ensure they are stable.
- Watch for the direction of the wind and make sure it blows in the opposite direction to the spectators.
- Spectators should be at least 25 feet away from the show, making sure to monitor children closely.
- Have a bucket of sand, water and a fire extinguisher that works.
- Only adults 18 years of age or older should handle fireworks. If you are impaired (by alcohol or drugs), do not handle pyrotechnics.
- Only light one pyrotechnic piece at a time.
- Wear safety goggles and gloves. Keep a certain distance when you turn on a pyrotechnic piece, then move away.
- Never lean on pyrotechnics and keep your hair and clothing away from fire sources.
- Never attempt to re-ignite a pyrotechnic part that has not burst or is defective.
- Never hold a burning pyrotechnic piece in your hand.
- The sparkers should be placed in a bucket of sand to bring down the temperature once they have finished burning, as it takes some time before their temperature drops.
- Ensure that fireworks are stored safely and properly.